Château de Hierges
The castle, originally called Château de Jerusalem (Castle of Jerusalem) was built on the site of a castrum whose origins date back to the 9th century, when the seigneurie of Hierges was part of the property of the house of Ardenne. At the time of the Crusades, the fortresss of Hierges was given to the Prince-Bishopric of Liège and, in the 12th century, the castle was destroyed.
The castle was rebuilt in the 16th century, starting in 1560, with more comfort and openings for firearms.
In the 18th century the former common and the dovecote were added.
The castle was assaulted by revolutionaries in 1792 and destroyed by fire on 18 November 1793.